The UAE tri-nation series, which will consist of six One Day International (ODI) matches, will include the national cricket teams of three different countries. The matches will begin on February 27, 2023, and continue until the sixth match of that year. The teams’ point totals from these games and series would enable them to advance and be eligible to compete in this year’s ICC Men’s World Cup qualifying. India will host the men’s world cup this year. Some teams are confirmed as normal, but some must compete in qualification games to secure a spot.
The matches will be held in the United Arab Emirates. The national team will be traveling to the UAE with Papua New Guinea when the tri-nation series in Nepal is finished. The teams’ dedication would help them to earn the necessary amount of points and, finally, a position in the highest rankings of international cricket. It is expected that these lesser teams would eventually grow and provide their players with the essential exposure to play on a higher level, even though other international teams are significantly more talented and skilled.
- 1st ODI – February 27, 2023- Nepal vs. Papua New Guinea at Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Nursery 2, Abu Dhabi
- 2nd ODI – February 28, 2023- United Arab Emirates vs. Papua New Guinea – Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium Nursery 2, Abu Dhabi
- 3rd ODI – March 2, 2023- United Arab Emirates vs. Nepal – Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium Nursery 2, Abu Dhabi
- 4th ODI – March 3, 2023- Nepal vs. Papua New Guinea at Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Nursery 2, Abu Dhabi
- 5th ODI: March 5, 2023- Papua New Guinea vs. United Arab Emirates at Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Nursery 2, Abu Dhabi
- 6th ODI – March 6, 2023- Nepal vs. United Arab Emirates at Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, Nursery 2, Abu Dhabi
UAE Squad for the UAE Tri-Nation Series: CP Rizwaan (c), Muhammad Waseem, Vriitya Aravind (wk), Basil Hameed, Zahoor Khan, Rohan Mustafa, Alishan Sharafu, Ashwanth Valthapa, Vishnu Sukumaran, Adithya Shetty, Ahmed Raza, Junaid Siddique, Sabir Ali, Hazrat Bilal, and Aayan Khan.
Papa New Guinea Squad for the UAE Tri-Nation Series: Gaudi Toka, Hiri Hiri, Lega Siaka, Tony Ura, Assad Vala, Chad Soper, Charles Amini, Sese Bau, Riley Hekure, Alei Nao, Kabua Morea, Norman Vanua, Kiplin Doriga, and Semo Kamea.
Nepal Squad for the UAE Tri-Nation Series: Paras Khadka (captain), Gyanendra Malla, Sandeep Lamichhane, Karan KC, Basant Regmi, Aarif Sheikh, Lalit Rajbanshi, Pradeep Airee, Dipendra Singh Airee, Binod Bhandari, Sandeep Jhora, Pawan Sarraf, Sompal Kami, Avinash Bohara, Bhim Sharki, and Rohit Paudel.