The T20 World Cup is one of the most important tournaments alike the ICC World Cup. Getting awarded the Man of the Tournament award in this particular tournament is a matter of prestige. Its everyone’s dream to get a chance to represent their team and win the matches for them on the World Cup stage. There are several players who may not play the World Cup but get their opportunity in the T20 World Cup. In their attempts, they often surpass records and give the best of performances to their team. The Man of the Tournament is the player who has broken records or given the best performance among all players in one or more categories.
Virat Kohli is the only player who won this award twice in the 2014 and 2016 World Cups. He has given the best runs to the team and brought victory home for them. Although the team did not win the world cup, but they won some good number of matches and made high records. Get information on the other players who have won this award in the following sections:
1. Shahid Afridi – Received the award in 2007 – 91 runs and 12 wickets
2. Tillakaratne Dilshan – Received the award in 2009 – 317 runs
3. Kevin Peterson – Received the award in 2010 – 248 runs
4. Shane Watson – Received the award in 2012 – 249 runs and 11 wickets
5. Virat Kohli – Received the award in 2014 – 319 runs
6. Virat Kohli – Received the award in 2016 – 273 runs
7. David Warner – Received the award in 2021 – 289 runs
The performance of players in the T20 World Cup have been exceptional until now. The records and statistics showcase immense skill and determination on part of the team members. The T20 World Cup tournaments have given confidence to the cricket players on the fact that they can do very well for themselves and get the practice that they need to play on international grounds and with well-renowned players.