A T20 match is a batting-dominated game and batsmen go hard at the bowlers throughout the match. When the team loses its first five wickets early. Then it is tough for the team to recover from that position. And if that happens in the World Cup event, the pressure never allows them to recover from that stage.
Usually, we see these batsmen play to add quick runs down the order. But their role is not that easy. Sometimes, they also have to make a good partnership to help their team avoid a losing situation. And a good sixth-wicket partnership may become a game-changer. As of now, it can’t be said who will win the match. It all depends on the teamwork which team has put in more effort in their performance.
In this article, we will discuss the top ten highest sixth-wicket partnerships in the T20 World Cup:
1. Mike Hussey and Craig White – Scored 101 against Sri Lanka in 2010
2. Craig McMillan and Jacob Oram – Scored 73 against India in 2007
3. Dwayne Bravo and Darren Sammy – Scored 71 against Pakistan in 2014
4. Mark Boucher and Albie Morkel – Scored 69 against India in 2007
5. MS Dhoni and Yousuf Pathan – Scored 63 against England in 2009
6. F Behardien and Robin Peterson – Scored 60 against Australia in 2012
7. E Chigumbura and T Maruma – Scored 55 against UAE in 2014
The game of cricket, it’s all about the partnership of two batsmen, although there can be only one strike at any time. The association between two batsmen will come to an end when one of them retires making an impeccable record. If both players continue supporting each other than the partnership can continue further, but if they don’t support each other the partnership may not continue for a long duration of time. Players should help each other and play like a team scoring good runs against their opponents then they can make a strong partnership and set a good example for their team.