The T20 World Cup is the most popular format of cricket among fans. It gives more joy and excitement to the fans in a duration of a few hours. All the teams are preparing for the grand event. It is the dream of every player and team to lift one of the most reputable trophies in cricket. Last year, Australia won its first test match in the T20 World Cup.
But it takes a lot of energy from the players and team to achieve this victory. One of these key factors is a strong batting middle-order. A strong middle order always gives them the best chance to go for win. And the role of batsmen at fifth and fourth positions becomes more crucial.
In this article, we will discuss the top ten highest fourth-wicket partnerships in the T20 World Cup:
- PWH de Silva and P Nissanka – Scored 123 against Ireland in 2021
- Jos Buttler and Eoin Morgan – Scored 112 against Sri Lanka in 2021
- Eoin Morgan and Alex Hales – Scored 107 against West Indies in 2012
- Martin Guptill and Glenn Phillips – Scored 105 against Scotland in 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Younis Khan – Scored 101 against Sri Lanka in 2007
- K. Brian and A. Poynter – Scored 101 against Netherlands in 2014
- Paul Collingwood and Kevin – Scored 100 against Zimbabwe in 2007
- B. Mendis and Kumar Sangakkara – Scored 94 against Zimbabwe in 2012
- MG Erasmus and David Wiese – Scored 93 against Netherlands in 2021
- P Khadka and S – Scored 85 against Bangladesh in 2014
In the game of cricket, it’s all about two batsmen who always bats in partnership, although there can be only one striker at any time. Someday the partnership between two batsmen will come to an end when one of them retires after making impeccable record. Each batsman is in one of the two batsmen’s grounds during their team’s scoring turn.
If you want more information about the records and statistics on Highest 3rd Wicket Partnership in the T20 World Cup, Click Here.