Afghanistan’s recent performance and excellent work directs the team towards qualifying for the T20 World Cup 2022. In Australia, Mohammad Nabi, the captain of Afghanistan’s team will be eager to capitalize on the momentum that they have brought. They are highly thankful for a rather successful run in the Asia Cup 2022, that was recently wrapped up.
They have won eight of the 15 T20I games they have played so far in 2022, but they have lost every Super 4 game they played against Asian opponents in the continental championship. Afghanistan is placed in Group 1 of the ICC T20 World Cup’s Super 12. They currently compete against countries like Australia, England, and New Zealand, and two more teams will soon join to form a group of six countries.
On the first day of the Super 12 stage at the Perth Stadium, Nabi’s team will face off against England, one of the tournament’s top teams. Afghanistan will play twice at the storied Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) during the Super 12 of the T20 World Cup in 2022.
T20 World Cup Squad:
Mohammad Nabi (C), Najibullah Zadran (VC), Rahmanullah Gurbaz (WK), Azmatullah Omarzai, Darwish Rasooli, Farid Ahmad Malik, Fazal Haq Farooqi, Hazratullah Zazai, Ibrahim Zadran, Mujeeb ur Rahman, Naveen ul Haq, Qais Ahmad, Rashid Khan, Salim Safi, Usman Ghani.
Reserves: Rahmat Shah, Gulbadin Naib, Afsar Zazai, Sharafuddin Ashraf
- Afghanistan vs Bangladesh, 17 October, Warm-up match, Allan Border Field, 1:30 am IST
- Afghanistan vs Pakistan, 19 October, Warm-up match, The Gabba, 8:30 am IST
- Afghanistan vs England, 22 October, Super 12, Perth Stadium, 4:30 pm IST
- Afghanistan vs New Zealand, 26 October, Super 12, Melbourne Cricket Ground, 1:30 pm IST
- Afghanistan vs B2, 28 October, Super 12, Melbourne Cricket Ground, 9:30 am IST
- Afghanistan vs A1, 01 November, Super 12, The Gabba, 9:30 am IST
- Afghanistan vs Australia, 06 November, Super 12, Adelaide oval, 1:30 pm IST